SKI RESORT PORTILLO
|Call our TOLL FREE number:: USA: 1-800-790-2961 |
Local Line: Spain - Barcelona: 0034-931846831 Argentina - Bs.As.: 0054-1159175461
UK - London: 44-203-393-8867
Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 9 am - 6 pm. |
Headquarters (located in Lima - Peru) Time Zone: GMT -5 hours
|Information Regarding Portillo Ski Resort
Ski resort located in the Central Andes, two hours away from the City of Santiago, surrounded by an spectacular mountain setting and summits over 5000 metres above sea level. It is the most famous ski resort in South America due to the quality of its tracks and its excellent snow, guaranteed by the high mountains surrounding it. It has been seat of a World Ski Championship and a speed world record was beaten at its tracks.
This activity is centred in the Portillo Hotel, the only hotel in the area and proprietor of the tracks. During seasons with little snow the use of the tracks is exclusively reserved for the guests of the hotel, who must make a "Ski Week" reservation for week long stays.
WAYS OF ACCESS: 149 kilometres away from
Santiago going through the International Route bound to Mendoza,
a paved road well kept during the southern hemisphere's winter
by the authorities. Road controls at Los Andes and Río Blanco,
chains are required depending on the weather conditions and
they can be rented in there.
ROAD TIMETABLE: There is no timetable, but
consult before going out for the road might be closed due
to the snow.
TRANSPORT TO THE SKI RESORT: There is no
regular transportation service to the hotel. You can solicit
private transport in vehicles or vans.
WEATHER: Portillo is located at an altitude
of 3000 metres above sea level, in the midst of the Andean
Cordillera. That is why its mountain weather is unpredictable
and with sudden changes. There is snow usually from May to
October. It is dry and hot on summer with maximum temperatures
of up to 30 degrees Celsius.
Consult the road and weather conditions before travelling.
: it is the only hotel in the area and it owns all the ski tracks. Lodging is per weeks and it includes all the hotel's facilities, lifter tickets and meals.
For visitors who are not staying
at the hotel, the restaurant options are the Tío Bob along
the ski tracks, and the self-service restaurants at the Portillo
Hotel. The La Posada restaurant, a plain though nice place
well attended by ski instructors and the hotel's personnel,
is outside the hotel along the highway.
Tickets for visitors who are
not staying at the hotel are subject to snow conditions. Tickets
are available for visitors throughout the season during normal
The prices in dollars are informative and estimated at the exchange rate of may the 11th of 2004 ($ 640 pesos)
. The bills are presented in Chilean pesos at the official exchange rate. These tariffs do NOT include the tax to the aggregated value (IVA 19%)
. Foreign, non resident, passengers staying at the Ski Resort of Portillo who pay their bill with US dollars do NOT pay IVA. Prices are subject to changes.
SKI AND SNOWBOARD LESSONS
An external company works with the hotel to provide helicopter flights to the mountains nearby.
The tracks are divided into the following categories: 18% for beginners, 25% for intermediate beginners, 35% for intermediate advanced, and 22% for experts. While the tracks for beginners, intermediates and advanced is smoothed on a daily basis, the most difficult terrain is preserved in its natural state.
Beginners: El Puma, El Corralito and La Princesa
Intermediate beginners: El Conejo, Las Lomas, Canarios and Bajada del Tren
Intermediate advanced: Juncalillo, Plateua, David's Run, Descenso, Los Zorros and El Estadio.
Experts: Roca Jack, Cóndor, Palteau Superior, Garganta and Kilómetro Lanzado.
Dust snow and natural tracks.
||360 M / 1181 Ft
||158 M / 518 Ft.
||277 M. / 909 Ft.
||70 M. / 236 Ft.
||310 M. / 1.017 Ft.
||48 M. / 157 Ft.
||289 M. / 948 Ft.
||54 M. / 177 Ft.
||78 M. / 256 Ft.
||8 M. / 26 Ft.
||1.353 M. / 4.439 Ft.
||340 M. / 1.115 Ft.
||525 M. / 1.722 Ft.
||135 M. / 443 Ft.
||131 M. / 430 Ft.
||11 M. / 36 Ft.
||601 M. / 1.972 Ft.
||132 M. / 433 Ft.
||342 M. / 1.122 Ft.
||76 M. / 249 Ft.
||740 M. / 2.428 Ft.
||300 M. / 984 Ft.
||740M. / 2.428 Ft.
||340 M. / 1.115 Ft.
3 Quadruple / 1 Triple / 1 Double Chair / 2 Va et Vient / 5 Drags
SKIER'S CODE OF RESPONSABILITY:
- Always keep the control and ability to stop or evade other people or objects.
- People in front of you have the right of pass. It is your responsibility to evade them.
- You can not stop obstructing a track or at a place where you are not visible from above.
- When you are going downhill on a track or about to join one, always look upward and grant pass to oncoming skiers.
- Watch all signs and advices. Keep off the closed tracks and areas.
- Ski off track when it is permitted only. Ski in groups when skiing on non patrolled areas.
- Before using any lifter, you must make sure you can climb, sit and get off from it in a safety manner.
- Be cautious when skiing and practice snowboard with precaution.
Recommendations for Skiers
- Confirm road and weather conditions with the hotel before departing, as well as tickets' sales.
- Carry with you a sun blocker and sunglasses.
- Drink a lot of water to prevent height maladies during your stay.
- Portillo has no pharmacy, therefore it is suggested to bring your medications with you if you are under such treatment.
- Carry appropriate items of clothing for any event because the weather is rather changeable.
- Check that your clothes are adequate for the snow. Use gloves and tied socks.
- The locks must be adjusted to the ski boots.
- Your gear must be checked at some ski workshop at the start of the season.
- Ask for the map of the tracks where you can see their level of difficulty.
- Choose a track according to your skiing abilities.
- Abide by the safety rules and the signs at the tracks.
- Skiing off track implies risks that you take under your own responsibility.
- Respect the rules of skiers for your safety as well as for that of the others. They are available at the different points of sale in the ski service areas.
|OUR TRAVEL AND TOURISM SITES|
IN LATIN AMERICA
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'enjoychi_ez'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/enjoychi/public_html/loganala/write_logs.php on line 7
Impossible de se connecter au server SQL, essayez plus tard