SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA
| Call our TOLL FREE number:: USA: 1-800-790-2961 |
Local Line: Spain - Barcelona: 0034-931846831 Argentina - Bs.As.: 0054-1159175461
UK - London: 44-203-393-8867
Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 9 am - 6 pm. |
Headquarters (located in Lima - Peru) Time Zone: GMT -5 hours
SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA
to the wide range of daytime and nighttime temperatures in San
Pedro de Atacama, you are recommended to bring with you
light cotton clothing, T-shirts and shorts, bathing costumes, sunglasses,
solar filter and caps for use during the torrid daytime, but also
duffel coats, overcoats, anoraks, gloves, wooly stockings and other
warm items of clothing to face the low nighttime temperatures.
- American dollars, travelers' checks and credit cards are all accepted
without any kind of problem in the hotels and shops of San
Pedro de Atacama, but in the smaller towns payments are
usually made in local currency.
- You are recommended to carry out any financial transactions in
Calama, since San Pedro de Atacama has no banks
- In this city, electric power (220 volts) is supplied by a generator that only works until 2 a.m. Some hotels have generators of their own, extending the availability of light and power.
- In the event of any incident requiring the presence of police or other authorities, you can call number 133 without charge or contact the Chilean Carabineros (police). In San Pedro the police precinct is on Gustavo Le Paige street, facing the town's main plaza.
- San Pedro de Atacama has a newly inaugurated
drinking water treatment facility. However, to avoid any possible
inconvenience, we recommend you use bottled water, especially when
visiting attractions that are at a distance from the town.
- General shop hours are from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 to 10 p.m., except for some restaurants and tour agencies, that open at 8 a.m. and attend past 10 p.m.
- It has become customary to leave a 10% tip for your meals in restaurants.
- In San Pedro de Atacama there are several call
centers that are attended by an operator. You can also find numerous
public phone booths using coins or pre-paid phone cards (Telefonica,
CTC, Bellsouth, ENTEL, etc...)
- Since San Pedro de Atacama is located below 2,500
meters altitude, it is an ideal place to "acclimatize" before visiting
the attractions that are located at over 4,000 meters. Although
the tour vehicles are equipped with oxygen tanks, you are recommended
to consult your physician before traveling, especially if you have
heart or respiratory ailments.
- Some of the hotels in San Pedro de Atacama are
connected to Internet.
|OUR TRAVEL AND TOURISM SITES|
IN LATIN AMERICA