- By land: three are the main highways to arrive in Pucon by land, and they connect the city with the north, the south and the east. This last highway is an international road connecting Chile and Argentina.
* To the north: it is the route linking Pucon with Santiago and Temuco. The distance to the capital of the country is of 789 kilometres, which can be covered in 9 or 10 hours travelling along the North Pan American Highway, an asphalted road in very good conditions. The route goes by the cities of Temuco, Freire and Villarrica.
*To the south: it connects Pucon with Puerto Montt, the capital of the X Region of Los Lagos. The distance is of 340 kilometres, which are covered in 5 hours approximately travelling along the South Pan American Highway, an asphalted road in very good conditions.
* To the east: it connects Pucon with the Argentine City of San Martin de Los Andes, located at a 242-kilometre distance. The entrance to Chilean territory is across the Mamuil-Malal Pass, also known as El Tromen; it is a dirt road almost 100 kilometres long that goes through a flashy forest of araucarias.
* Drive a four wheel drive vehicle if you come across the border pass during the southern hemisphere's winter.
* You must bear in mind that no fruits or fresh food are allowed across the border without a sanitarian authorisation.
* There are buses coming daily from the north and the south; however, there are no buses providing the service on Sundays from and to the east (Argentina).
*Most of the buses covering the Santiago-Pucon route set out at night.
HOW TO MOVE AROUND PUCON
With a territorial radius no longer than 30 kilometres, the picturesque Town of Pucon can or should be toured on foot, with no hurry and no worry; in this manner you will better know and enjoy each one of its corners.
On your walks along the Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins or Caupolican Avenues you will sense the calmed urban heartbeats of this small community. If you wish to visit the surroundings, here you will find vehicles of public transportation that will take you to nearby destinations; they set off on a daily basis.